When my husband and I originally moved into our house, there was a beautiful fireplace in the den room. I was delighted by this feature, as well as was excited to build a fire. I imagined how cozy and romantic the house would be on a cold winter night. After owning the house for a few years, my husband and myself have built a fire one single time. It was a terrible experience. Both of us needed to split wood, which is not as easy as we thought it would be. Both of us then hauled the dirty wood into the house, that alone made a huge mess. Starting the fire was difficult to,it created a great deal of soot, flames and smoke. The flames damaged the brand new rug, and the only way to benefit from the heat was to sit right on top fireplace. Both of us then ended up reeking of wood smoke. I have recently talked with a local heating, ventilation, as well as A/C contractor about converting the fireplace from wood burning to natural gas. The project is not costly and doesn’t call for a lot of cosmetic damage to get done. A natural gas fireplace would provide the benefits with none of the disadvantages. Rather than hauling wood as well as lighting the fire, the natural gas heating system operates conveniently from a cordless remote. Both of us could start it up with the touch of a button, as well as adjust temperature as well as fan speed. We’d have the chance of programing the fireplace to startup as well as shutdown automatically. There are no fumes, soot, ash, smoke or any of the complications of an actual wood burning fire, and yet we’d still appreciate the appearance of it. Natural gas fireplaces are not only pleasing to look at but they operate quite and efficiently as well. Instead of the fireplace taking up space as well as going unused, it would add to the comfort of our home.