When my buddies and I said that we truly wanted to go out and rough it in a cabin, I don’t suppose that anyone was prepared for exactly what happened, then the two of us were looking forward to finding a lovely cozy lake house to spend intimate friend time in the middle of the woods.
- We were looking for something rather desolate with an awesome view and access to a lot of hiking trails and outdoor activities.
The two of us entirely were dead set on finding somewhere far away from other people. We truly wanted to get far out of the city, possibly even out of the states, and harshly distance from all other meddling people. It seemed love a tall order until we discovered the perfect cabin. It was placed just out on top of a mountain, on a private piece of land and quite far away from the nearest town. This sounded perfect, and however, when we were booking the cabin, the people I was with and I did not expect that the oil furnace would fail as soon as the people I was with and I arrived! When we took a stroll inside, the people I was with and I adjusted the control unit to get a little extra heat inside the cabin. Immediately, there was a bizarre smell coming through the air vents and the people I was with and I heard an absolutely loud and unsettling sound coming from the forced air furnace. Not long after, cold air with streaming from the air vents and the people I was with and I were shivering in our boots. There was no fireplace or alternative source of heating, so I grabbed the phone and tried to call the property owner. They told us the nearest Heating, Ventilation, and A/C worker was 2 hours away and wouldn’t be able to make it up the mountain for numerous afternoons. When we were hopeful for a rustic, isolated experience in the woods, the people I was with and I were not expecting to be trapped in an ice cold cabin.