Last summer, was when we began to experience all sorts of problems with comfort and the air quality within our home. The weather had been especially cruel with its high temperatures and associated humidity levels. Despite lowering the setting on our temperature control, the house still felt both clammy and just plain hot. Although the ac system continually cycled, it simply didn’t have the capacity to keep up with demand. I also noticed each time it ran, it spread a good deal of contaminants that were airborne along with a musty odor throughout our house. Whenever the air conditioning system started up, my spouse and the little ones complained about the smell. We all suffered from headaches that were frequent, bothersome sneezing, coughing, sore throats and eyes that were itchy. I realized that the cooling system had most likely been to blame for our symptoms; I immediately contacted a local HVAC company for service. The serviceman took our air conditioning system apart to better access its most innermost parts. He then showed me the buildup of contaminants within the system which had been excessive. There was also a good deal of mold growing upon the cooling coil along with a thick layer of dust. There was a growth of algae blocking the condensate drain. This had led to overflow and damage from the moisture around the unit. Each time the air conditioning system starts up, it had been spreading air pollutants damaging to our family’s health. This build-up of debris also restricted the system’s air flow and as a result, the operating cycle had been longer, the energy bills higher, and comfort diminished. The HVAC repairman spent several hours cleaning out our cooling system. He used chemicals to halt bacterial growth and then to prevent its recurrence. This repair made a recognizable difference in the performance of our air conditioning system and enhanced our enjoyment of our home’s environment.