When my buddies and I said that we wanted to go out & rough it in a cabin, I do not suppose that anyone was prepared for exactly what happened! All of us were looking forward to finding a lovely and comfortable apartment to spend intimate friend time in the middle of the woods.
We were desperate for something rather desolate with an awesome view & access to a lot of hiking trails & outdoor activities.
We were zoned in on finding somewhere far away from other human beings. We were hopeful to get far out of the city, possibly even out of the states, & severely distance from all other meddling people. It seemed love a tall order until we found the perfect cabin! It was situated over on top of a mountain, on a private piece of land & quite far away from the nearest town, but this sounded perfect, however, when we were booking the cabin, we were not planning that the heating method would fail as soon as we arrived. When we made our way inside, we adjusted the temperature control to get a little extra heat inside the cabin. Immediately, there was a peculiar smell coming through the air vents & we heard a legitimately loud and distorted sound coming from the forced air furnace… Soon, cold air with streaming from the air vents & we were shivering in our boots. There was no fireplace or alternative source of heating, so I picked up the iPhone & tried to call the landlord. They told us the nearest HVAC serviceman was 2 hours away & would not be able to make it up the mountain for several mornings. When we wanted a rustic, isolated experience in the woods, we weren’t expecting to be trapped in a chilly cabin.